Monday, April 7, 2008

Thank Goodness

Some of you may or may not know about the computer virus I managed to get on the computer a few weeks ago. I cried. Every day I would remember something else I needed that was on my computer and couldn't get to. All the money and time (downloading music and scrapbooking stuff), all the school papers, all my Modbe stuff, all the pictures of the kids. I was sad. Funny thing it only deleted my things. Yeah all of my dear husbands documents were still there. It was a gender specific virus I guess. Well since his stuff was there he wasn't in a huge rush to call his computer buddy to come fix it. I begged, I reminded, I pleaded, I cried, I threw temper tantrums (not really but I really wanted to), and I nagged. All with the same response. Nadda. So what do I do? I take over his desktop. I made his wallpaper the most girly, bright, floral pattern I could find. I downloaded and flooded his desktop with new scrapbook icons, I reset his home page, I re-organized his favorite list, I pretty much made everything as much of a reminder and point that I was going to take over his space if he didn't help me get back mine. Guess how long it took him to call his buddy after that. Instant! So my computer is back and I was so excited. Everything is still there! He thinks a windows update saved and restored everything. I'm sure my husband was glad to get his desktop back.

No comments: