Monday, September 8, 2008

Survival

Do you ever just feel like you are in survival mode. Not being proactive or setting new goals but just living moment to moment just to get by. I fell like that's how my past two weeks have been. It has been a crazy roller coaster since we arrived home from our summer in NY.
At some point in time when I bought our tickets to fly home I thought it would be a great idea to fly home the day classes started for me and just a week before preschool started for I.
Yeah well between grabbing my books from the bookstore and hitting classes as soon as we rolled into town plus getting two children switched to a new time zone, house cleaned from being empty for 3 months, laundry, friends and family to visit, pantry and fridge to restock. Let's just say I've been running and sitting down right now is the first time since we've been home that I feel like I might be getting a handle on everything. I guess we will see. I have the kids on somewhat of a routine (G's stomach flu this past weekend has thrown that off a bit) I have caught up in classes and my house is starting to feel like a home again. The only thing that's missing is the Mister.
It won't feel like home until he is home and I am counting down the days. He keeps me sane and puts up with all my crap. I love him dearly and am so thankful for all he does for our little family.
Hopefully now that we are home and life is starting to become more normal I will be able to not neglect this blog as bad as I have.

No comments: