Tuesday, September 30, 2008

October!!!

I am so excited for tomorrow. I love everything about October. I have been busy collecting new Halloween decorations as well as making some new crafts. I love the fall air (hate the cold and snow that comes after it but oh well) and the yummy food (I HEART pumpkin anything!). I have been checking out Halloween books from the library for a few weeks already. Today we picked up the movies Legend of Sleepy Hollow and The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. I love the ages my kids are at because they are equally excited and whenever they see anything Halloween related they get all excited to get my attention and show me. We have their Costumes and I plan on putting out our decorations tonight. Tomorrow to celebrate the month we'll probably watch one of our movies we checked out and eat Maple Bars and Hot Cocoa.
The Halloween Costumes I remember
E.T. & Wonder Woman The costumes back then were the plastic mask held on with the elastic string and then the plastic body suit that tied on over your clothes. I'm not sure why I remember those two. It may have been that they were the ones that were out so we played dress up in them. I wish I still had them oh what fun I could have.
I'm still trying to decide whether I am going to dress up this year or not. I have the perfect Belle (Beauty and the Beast) dress. Maybe I can talk the Mr. into being Gaston or the Beast.
What are your favorite costumes from your childhood? Do you love Halloween as much as I do? Are you dressing up this year? and if so as what?

2 comments:

Beverly Jones said...

I am your complete opposite. I actually considered going on vacation so as to miss the holiday. I think it's all the sugar and the priceu costume for just one day. Rarely do I dress up and only because I have to. I will agree with you on one thing, though...I HEART anything pumpkin, too. I've already made my favorite pumpkin banana bread. Yummy!

ClancyPants said...

Hi Laura... I've been stalking your blog for a while now and I thought I'd make myself known. (I haven't commented before, have I? LOL! If I have, forgive me... I read too many blogs!)

I do love Halloween. I love planning costumes for my kids. I sew them every year. (except for one) I go a little overboard with the costumes. I don't decorate a lot, but I don't decorate a lot for anything... I love the smell of that color spray you spray on your hair. It's a Halloween smell. I will probably dress up this year. I always do. I don't know as what though. :)

You are so cute... celebrating October 1st with a Halloween movie, maple bars and hot chocolate! I wish I had your drive.