Friday, October 8, 2010

Diet Soda


Right now in my Consumer Nutrition class we are studying Carbohydrates!! (insert people running in fear now) Carbohydrates have gotten a very BAD rap with the fad diets that have gone around. Sure too much of anything is not a good thing and of course the way a lot of people get their carbs is not ideal but they are necessary and if done the right way are quite good for you and can help with weight loss, weight management and overall health.
The number one thing I see for people trying to cut out calories and carbs is Diet Soda. (This is where I run off screaming.)
The thing about Diet Soda I was surprised to learn was the Acceptable Daily intakes. I seriously thought there were major mistakes in my book. What do you think?
Diet Cola with aspartame~ Daily Acceptable Intake 18-19 12 ounce cans
Diet Cola with Sucralose (splenda)~ Daily Acceptable Intake 6 12 ounce cans
Lemon-lime with Acesulfame-K ~ Daily Acceptable Intake 30-32 12 ounce cans

No comments: