Thursday, October 7, 2010

Breathe!

I keep thinking life is going to get easier. I'm going to get more organized. I'm going to fit all the things into one day that I want to accomplish.
My list
Blog More
Study More
Sew More
Scrapbook More
Spend more time with the kids
Craft More
Clean More
Organize More
Dejunk More
Exercise More
Play More
Eat Better (aka NOT more HA!)

This semester in school I am taking 18 credits (!!!! insert scream here, I know WHAT was I thinking!) and surprisingly it's going better than I could have ever imagined. Don't get me wrong it's still crazy especially since one of those 3 credit classes that is supposed to be over a 16 week semester I am taking in a "speed course" so it's done in 8 weeks. It is SO much information and work in a short 8 weeks. I'm just trying to stay afloat in the rest of my courses and will play major catch up when I take my final for this class next week.
It has been quite the balancing act, school and family. My trick, everything else, and when I say everything I mean EVERYTHING has been put on the back burner. I quit all my extracurricular activities (as a mom there weren't very many). I wanted my "extra" time to be good quality time with my family. If I'm not at school I am home with them. When I am home I am home and PRESENT. This has been really good for me, not so good for my blog, facebook, message boards. When I walk in the door after class I am home. My phone gets put on the counter, the laptop gets docked and I am a mom. We play games, we dress up, we color or do art, we go on walks to look for as many different rocks as we can find, it's been fabulous! After I tuck my little ones in bed (on the nights I don't have class) I spend some time talking and catching up with my wonderful supportive hubby and then it's off to study I go. I only have class two nights a week and my class starts at bedtime so I still get to have dinner, do homework and bath time with my kids. Dad gets to do bedtime stories and prayers those nights. The rest of my classes are online (except for my one that ends next week).
So while I have a huge list of things I would LIKE to be doing I know for right now I'm doing what I SHOULD be. So while I have the cutest stack of fabric sitting in a pile in my dining room ready for my next 3 quilts it will have to wait.
(This is where I would add in a cute picture of my three beautiful kids that I do this for or of the super cute fabric I just talked about but I'm blogging from my NEW laptop my sweet hubby bought for me for school and I don't have our camera software on here yet to upload pictures so I'll have to add those another day!)
PS Stay Tuned for baby's first birthday posts. The planning of this party started before she was born. I'm a little excited to have a October birthday in our little family. I figure I can either cry about my baby turning one or I can embrace it. I'll probably do a little of both ;)

No comments: