Saturday, March 7, 2009

Balancing

This semester for whatever reason has been so much harder for me to balance. It's weird because I'm taking less than half the credits I usually do. I don't know if it's because I'm so burned out with school and I really just feel like I should be done by now or if it's because this is my first semester back in traditional classes as opposed to online classes. Everyone I talk to talks about how hard online classes are for them and how much more time they take. That's not the case for me. I'm an independent learner. I do better sitting down and figuring things out for myself. So when I have to attend class its just wasted time because I still have to go home and do my own thing.
My problem is when I feel like I have a ton to do it's so hard for me to get anything done. Not because there is a lack of things to do (my laundry room and kitchen will amen to that) I just have a hard time trying decide where to start so I end up doing really random things. So this week my goal is to de junk and spring clean my house. Jeff and I are both sick of searching for missing things. I have stuff it's not just crap stuff but it doesn't have a home in our little house. We are in the process of cleaning out our basement so we can demo it and finish it which accounts for some of the additional stuff in our family room and dining room. So any organizational tips that are functional are greatly appreciated. I don't have a lot of room to work with.
Also seriously how do people store their stuff like baby blankets, baby clothes for future babies, and all that stuff. I go into all my friends homes and they have finished basements and none of that stuff is in sight. I'm just wondering if I'm the only one that keeps that stuff or if everyone elses house has a magic hiding room for all their stuff.

No comments: