Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Free

I am out of the hospital and starting to get back to normal. I went in to the doctor and my blood pressure was 220/93. Yeah not good. So they sent me straight over to the hospital where my lovely room was waiting for me. I told the lady at admissions desk I didn't need to check in they already had a room for me and she said "everyone has to check in here first." I said nope I have a frequent stay card that gets me expedited services and I kept walking. I don't think she was very impressed. I had a very nice nurse to start with but I could tell she was still pretty new. It took 3 nurses each trying 3 times before they finally called the flight nurse to start my iv. I had angioplasty on Friday afternoon and it was the worst I can ever remember. My doctor said I had some really bad scar tissue on the arteries to my kidneys and they were really narrowed. My kidneys hurt so bad until saturday morning. I still have a little pain but it's no where near as crappy as I was feeling. I also had an iv iron transfusion while I was there. I am so anemic and it makes a huge difference in how I feel when I can have that done. My doctor said he is going to get insurance to pay for it 4 times a year (the most it can be done). I'm looking forward to not being tired all the time. By the time I was released from the hospital my blood pressure was back down to 116/60 so a ton better! Now I just can't lift anything heavy and have to take it easy this week and hopefully by next week I will feel like a whole new person!

2 comments:

Beverly Jones said...

I am sorry to be such a bad friend and not even call over the weekend. I realized Friday night that you were probably recouperating in a hospital somewhere and in my busy Halloween preparations, still forgot to call. Tomorrow!

sissyann said...

I hope you feel better!!!!